Can anyone recommend the best investment books?

I want to get started in learning about investing…

What books would anyone recommend?

The Intelligent Investor - Ben Graham. This is probably my favourite book on investing. Ben Graham is the father of value investor and was a pre-dominant investor himself. It is rumoured that he stopped investing in the stock market, because it became too easy!

In the book, Graham explains the core tenets of value investing (margin of safety, buying a dollar for cents, the importance of contrarianism) - it’s all there. You might recognise some of this philosophy from Warren Buffett, but Graham still makes it seem fresh.

The writing is clear, concise and to the point, keeping you engaged with different examples.

I would highly recommend this book to any investor. Whether you are just starting out, or you’ve spent years in the trenches, you will not put down this book without picking up at least one valuable insight.

One final note: I wouldn’t consider this book, a book you would read through. I think it works best as something to flick through, or something to pick up when you’re bored. There is absolutely no fault with Graham’s writing here… it’s that the subject matter isn’t exactly a James Patterson!

10/10