Investing And Accountability

valueinvesting
investing

One thing that really annoys me…

Is when people go on CNBC, or Bloomberg and make these outrageous predictions without even thinking about it…

Then some poor unfortunate **** buys the stocks and they are completely destroyed…

The persona how is giving the predictions has zero skin in the game - and yet they are the reason people lose money…

I would like to set up a website with a small chart and anyone who makes a prediction is added to the chart. Their prediction is listed and there is also a little indicator how wrong they were (normally they’re always wrong!!)

I think something like this would stop people giving outrageous predictions based on nothing.

I know this is from the crypto world but this guy is a serial bullshitter. He basically goes on talk shows, making wild predictions and doesn’t deal with consequences. He even said it was a complete scam in 2013, but now that there’s money in it - he’s selling newsletter subscription for $2k a pop!

Mark Cuban also does this. He’s obviously a very successful entrepreneur, but when he says buy and hold is a “crock of shit” - I just think its cringe. Especially since most people will benefit from investing in low-cost index funds…

Obviously the list would be designed to shame. But the point wouldn’t be to catch people out, it would be to make people more careful about what they say. Investment advice has real consequences for real people - it’s just doffer for chat shows…

gets back on high horse

It is true though - I find it very strange when people come out with these wild predictions about stock prices…

Especially the Bitcoin related stuff. I have doubt it could be successful, I will just stick to the boring stuff!