Is There An AI Index Fund?

Interested in investing in ai passively, except I am not qualified/interested in looking around for stocks - any ideas?

I think some people get mixed up between index funds and ETFs…

They are both track funds, except index funds do not use complex derivative structures in their products - ETFs do…

This means that index funds are far safer than ETFs. If you take iShares or other ETF providers, the companies provide all sorts of leveraged financial instruments that put the overall firm in danger…

Index funds generally always follow a regulated index, whereas ETFs follow any old index. The index could even be supplied by the provider of the ETF, which would essentially defeat the purpose!

To answer the question…

There are no index funds for AI however there are ETFs. However, these ETFs track strange indexes and I would be very wary of them…

Instead, I would look for a well regarded mutual fund and invest with them instead. As long as they have a good reputation and do not charge unreasonable fees, it will be fine!

I myself am more interested in investments in the chinese area of artificial intelligence - they are serious about ai and the government is investing huge amounts in the chins FAANG equivalents!

Sorry about late reply - cheers!!