Saving Money With Amazon Wish List

Its really not that difficult to imagine the purpose of Amazon’s wish list function. If I could guess, I would say the ‘wish list’ has two core functions:

• To collect data about the customer’s would-be purchases

• To create a channel for the customer’s impulse buys

At the centre of these, there is the belief that customers could potentially buy the products later.

If you are prudent however, you can use this tool to your advantage to stop impulse buying.

Lets take a closer look.

Wishing listing every purchase
Most people go shopping online when you are looking for a very specific product. If you need running shoes for example, you go to the appropriate section in Amazon.

But there is a recreational element to Amazon as well. The site is actually very user friendly, meaning its an absolute pleasure to browse.

You could easily find yourself going online in the hunt for something nice to give you that endorphin boost.

If you are window shopping and you find something nice, make a point to put it on your wish list.

The act of putting something on your wish list normally gives the feeling of buying something without actually doing anything. If you really want to buy it, you can re-visit the wish-list again. In most cases, this never happens though - people move onto the next thing.

Conclusion
Everyone is a victim of Amazon window shopping, where you buy a few things you really do not need.

If you find yourself on it, place your item in the wish list below you purchase button. It gives you a satisfying endorphin rush without making the purchase yourself.

I can only speak from experience, but I used to buy a lot of useless rubbish on Amazon. When you buy it, its annoying because you know its a complete waste.

This is an easy way to sidestep the problem.