What Are Your Robotics Investment Ideas In 2018?

I have suddenly become very interested in robotics and AI - does anyone have any ideas for investing in these themes?

A large part of the working population is probably going to be automated out of a job…

A large proportion of this is going to go to robotics firms and firms invested in AI…

What are everyone’s ideas?

This is only slightly related, but I was watching an interview online with the former hedge fund manager Dan Arbess and he had some very interesting things to say.

He said that robotics was the enemy, not immigrants.

I also checked to see if Mr Arbess walks the walk. It turns out he does and his fund returned 12% p/a during the 2000s, although he had an unlucky year in 2011 I think, suffering a drawdown of 11%/

He said that we are living in a deflationary world - one in which the demand for consumer goods is declining over time. The main reason he says is because jobs are being taken and these people don’t have any money to pay for things…

If AI and robotics are going to radically accelerate the pace of change over time, it is reasonable to assume that consumer demand is going to be low in the future…

Personally, I making changes to some of my strategies based on that. Unless banks start actually giving people helicopter money, it’s hard to see a scenario where the market is going to boom…

That’s why I think robotics is interesting. Robotics are essentially the systems which will be doing the automating - they hold an enormous amount of potential in my opinion…

Here are a few that have been discussed already:

There might be some interesting stuff there!

I know that Polar Capital have a fund which has enormous stakes in FAANG stocks

This always puzzles me, because FAANG stocks are incredibly hot at the moment…

According to Gurufocus in January, FAANGs were priced at 35 times earnings. Obviously, stocks have come down since then. Still, they still look over-valued…

Here is the article:

/www.gurufocus.com/news/621103/fang-stocks-are-overpriced

A tip from Sophia Muller (EQ Investors) recommended the ROBO Global Robotics And Automation ETF…

The stocks tracks robotics and different computer applications as well. There is more in this article:

We drink to thee sir!