What is impact investing (2008)

I want to start investing in 2018, but I want to my investment to be make a difference…

I have been told this is called impact investing…

Can someone give me more information on this?

Impact investing involves investing in profits which will have a positive impact on the world. This could mean investing in renewable energy infrastructure, social housing, social business and green bonds…

The market is absolutely booming. Since 2009, inflows into Blackroch’s ESG (Impact Investing Funds) reached about $5.7billion!

Growth potential for theseinvestments in huge. China’s green energy market is booming, the need for water infrastructure across the globe is pressing, the advance of solar in India is seemingly unstoppable. Impacting investing has the potential to generate stellar returns which focusing on superior returns as well.

Returns are already impressive.

UK companies with a focus on environmentally friendly solutions, have outperformed the FTSE Global All-Cap since 2012…

This is not particular to FTSE Russel’s figures.

A study by Blackrock found that companies that cut emissions the most performed much better than companies who cut emissions the least…

FTSE also released figures suggesting that companies that stripped out fossil fuels generally rewarded investors…

Thank you for taking the time

This is brilliant, thank you
!